1. 1. If the pupil is attentive in class and completes his assignments satisfactorily and regularly, he/she will have little difficulty in obtaining good results at the examination. Parents are requested to attend to any weakness, immediately, and encourage children to revise the day’s work every day. The school advises against private tuitions, which we believe is harmful to learning. Parents are requested to NOT TEACH, but supervise the students study time
2.For the purpose of evaluating the pupil’s progress during the year there are formative and summative assessments.
3. Pupils absent from any assessment will not be re-examined.
4. The marks obtained in all the assessments/examinations will be taken into consideration for promotion.
5. Students are not allowed to absent themselves from any semester examinations. However,in a medical emergency,a student may submit a medical certificate countersigned by the UAE medical authority for the consideration of the Management.The decision of the management will be final.
6. Students will be allowed absence for one monthly assessment each semester with Government stamped medical report. Monthly assessments are done on all work done in class. There are no test dates and ‘tests’. Teachers are prohibited from announcing test dates.
7.In a year if a student is absent for more than 10 working days in a month, there will be no report card for him and his progress report will show ‘Absent’ which means a zero in that month, when calculated for promotion.
8. All matters regarding promotions are left entirely to the discretion of the Head of the school and his/her decision shall be final.
9. The final results cannot be reconsidered.Fee paying parents get to see their wards progress caonstantly,everymonth.
10. Students found copying or using unfair means during the examination will be punished with expulsion from a part of or the whole examination and will be awarded a zero in that paper.
11. Students who fail twice in the same class will be removed from the school roll.
12. Minimum passing marks as per the British Curriculum:
50% up to YR9
60% for YR10 and above
13. Students are given retests at the end of the year on the basis of Ministry of Education approved rules. A minimum of 35% marks is needed for a retest. Retests can only be given in two subjects.
14. Retest information will be given on the registered mobile phone and on the email provided by the parent.Please be aware that retest are held with in 20 days of the end of the annual exam.
15. Students are required to present themselves on the scheduled days of the re-examination. Absence, for any reason whatsoever will result in failure.
16.Students need to be present in school for all examination irrespective of the mode of learning opted.